To make you need:
3 to 4 over ripe bananas
1/4 cup of melted butter or vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (sometimes I use 1 cup flour plus 1/2 cup almond flour)
1/4 tsp salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Chocolate Chips (as many as you want)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Mix in the melter butter (or oil), sugars and egg.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mix together by hand until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
- Did you notice that this recipe can almost be accomplished in one bowl!
- Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners. I've never successfully extracted a cupcake or muffin without a liner so I always use them.
- Divide batter evenly, should make 12 muffins.
- Optional: Sprinkle the top of each muffin with some turbinado sugar to give them a little sparkle and crunch.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until puffed, cracked and golden brown. Rotate the pan halfway through for even cooking.
We had these muffins for dessert the night I made them and then for breakfast the next morning.